Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hello and Welcome back!  If you are reading this and I am not there, I apologize.  I will be in shortly.

This Course:
So first I want to give you an overview of how I have designed this course.  Here are the main areas that we are going to be covering throughout this school year.


1. Learn about good quality picture taking.
2. Learn how to run, operate and create banners using the Large Poster Printer.
    *You will all become Employees for a Company in which you are going to design.
    *I will be going over some Graphic Design Layouts to teach you how to make Awesome Posters.
    *You will be working with Adults closely to find out what they are looking for.
    More to come on this later.   
3. You will be learning how to use After Effects.  We will be watching video's starting with the most basic steps to learning After Effects.   
    * I will be giving you mini lessons on a weekly basis using After Effects.  You will have an assignment due with each mini lesson.
4. We will work on Storyboards and storylines a bit more in depth.  Hopefully getting a little better story ideas in you movies.
5. I will be teaching you about lighting and some sound effects a little bit too.
6. And of course you will be making Movies.


 But I want a little bit of your input.   So go ahead and get connected to the new site and I want you all to post a comment.  I want to know what kind of films you would like to create this school year that we didn't get a chance to create last year.  Give me topics, themes anything you can think of that you would like to create.  And tell me if there is anything else you would like to do and cover this year in this course.  I would love your input.  Also in your post tell me how your filming went for your Summer- Action Movie.  Also please tell me how much time you think you will need on the editing once you get After Effects (if needed) onto your computer.  I'm willing to give you some time to complete the final video as we will have lots of other stuff to work on before hand.

That's all I've got for our first day back.  I'm looking forward to this school year.  I can't wait to see what you will all create as you are all so very talented.

Mrs. Schneid 

8 comments:

  1. I have not done any work on the summer film project, i had no way of being able to work on it and i was out of state for most of the summer. I think that we have had a good variety of film themes last year, and i have no specific recommendations for new film themes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need to do a horror film, christmas special, class film, ad competition and banner for each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are filming gun fingers. We need to do some action and funny things. I had a great summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Summer project didn't go well the group that was being formed never got together, Jared went to Ehove and i never got the call to get together about it. I would like to learn more After Effects but got no clue for topic but hope for the film night thing again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not create a movie over summer
    i would like to to bring games to life, some dark inspiring movies that have a strong morale

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to create more action, Serious and definitely more angry Neighbor episodes. Other than that we did a lot last year. The summer film didn't work out very well. We had the script and everything for our Spy Film. We were ready to film and realized we did not have enough actors and resources. We are going to wait for a class project to film it. That way we will have enough people and it will turn out great. So we are not ready to film that but we did come up with a gun finger movie. Its very childish and serious at the same time. It's pretty interesting. That will be our summer film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to make some more serious films and maybe some more action/comedy films cause those are more of the hard to get down film types. The films for the summer went a little slower then I wanted, because the lack of people and lack of props and suits but we decided to go for a smaller films to do. We decided to hopefully do the bigger film with the whole class. I think I will need about two weeks once I get after effects on my new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Movie topics: the attack of the angry sailor, and a horror movie

    My summer movie is done and was good. I used iMovie and the action movie app from my phone

    ReplyDelete