Thursday, November 15, 2012

Next Step

FIRST SET OF PICTURES DUE TOMORROW-FRIDAY 11/16/12 AND YEARBOOK DESIGNS DUE TOO.  
My Story
 Example of the next step:

Break your story up into 3 different emotional sections.  How did you feel before the event that happened to you(this would be the beginning)?  Then how did you feel in the middle or climax of your story?  And finally how did you feel at the end of your story.   This is general as everyones stories are so different and will vary.

Section 1- Happiness

Section 2- Extreme sadness

Section 3- Strength

Even though I shared a story with you I’m not looking for you to tell me your story in your pictures.  I’m looking for you to show me the expression or feeling that you were going through during that time in your pictures. 

My Example: Section 1- Happiness

                 I talked about my happy years of being in College and what a wonderful time of my life this was for me.  SO........ I need to first think of a location that I want to shoot my pictures at that are going to reflect that happy time for me.  So I would go out to Kent State (where I went to school) and take pictures that remind me of that happy time around the campus.  I’d probably first shoot pictures without me in them. And then I would set up the camera using my timer mode and take some pictures near places on campus that I truly remember as happy moments of being there. Like near my dorm that I stayed in my Sophomore year-I really loved that place and it brings back great memories all around-my mom used to come and visit me there a lot too.  OR-I worked at a Coffee shop in the Ratskeller that brings back some really fun and happy moments from my past.  So maybe I would go to those locations and shoot some pictures of me standing near or in front of them portraying some sort of happiness within my face and body expression. 

REMEMBER:
Your face does not always need to be in the picture even though these are showing expressions and really self portraits.  Think about the pictures that we talked about on Monday.  Her face was not shown in every picture.  You need to look at the website links that I have on my blog about body movements to show expression and  really think about your angles and shots (also examples are listed on my blog) to give us a certain message. 

YOU NEED TO PLAN OUT YOUR PICTURES AND THINK ABOUT HOW YOU CAN PORTRAY YOUR MESSAGE BEFORE YOU GO AND SHOOT.  Your background/location is VERY important.  THERE SHOULD BE MEANING TO YOUR ANGLES/SHOTS/BODY POSITION JUST LIKE YOU HAD MEANING IN YOUR STORY. 


If you need help with this let me know and we can sit down and discuss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment